STL area cachers: ISO surrogate cache owners

bjbest

Hello, STL area cachers,

As I imagine you are aware by now, neither Big Jimmy nor I are actively geocaching in the St. Louis area anymore. I now live near Milwaukee, and Big Jimmy simply has too many other demands on his time. That being said, rather than simply let our caches rot in St. Louis from now till eternity, we're looking for one or more persons to take over ownership of our caches. The caches would become completely yours, legally, morally, ethically, physically, psychedelically yours. The three caches and note about each follow:

Oak Knoll cache (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=1278): Just a basic cache that's been around for more than a year. Still visited quite frequently. Not too much maintenance with this one.

Man vs. Nature (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=1840): This was originally a 3-stage cache but unfortunately stage 2 has been missing for quite some time. We've rigged it so you can go directly from stage 1 to stage 3, but personally I'd like to see stage 2 replaced. Of course, that would be completely up to the new owner. I'd be happy to provide the little card we used to indicate the coordinates for stage 3 that we put in the stage 2 container.

Forest Park Pentacache/Quadracache (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=2615): This was originally a five-stage cache, but stage 1 was missing. So now we've changed it to a four-stage cache, starting with the original stage 2. Again, I'd like to see stage 1 replaced, but that'd be up to the owner. Also again, I could provide the coordinate card that we put in stage 1.

So, those three are up for grabs. Thankfully, the St. Louis Arch Virtual Cache can take care of itself.

If you'd like to claim one of these or ask me more questions about one, e-mail at bjbest at prodigy dot net. Thanks!

I take care of one or more.

Glenn - let me know which I can take care of.

Nature would be good. I haven't done it yet and I can fix and repair when I do.

Milwaukee

Have you done the cache at the little church behind the guys house? How about Covert Cache?

I was up there a few weeks ago.

Thanks to all who replied. Here's who signed up for what:

Oak Knoll: K-TEAM

Man vs. Nature: Island-Dave

Forest Park Pentacache/Quadracache: St. Louis Geocachers Association (c/o GLNash)

Thank you so much!

New cache owners: I'll add your names to the cache description pages today. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way me to transfer control of the page on geocaching.com, so either let me know if you want additional info posted on the cache page, or you could simply relist the cache under your own name and I can archive mine.

Feel free to contact me with any issues at all at bjbest at prodigy dot net.

Thanks again!