Garmin 450Question

acachebox

Waypoints that you added to the Oregon yourself can be deleted from the unit itself using the Waypoint Manager. Geocaches are stored in the form of GPX files (which are handled completely differently from Waypoint files) and they cannot be deleted directly from the unit. Plug in the Oregon to your PC where it will appear as a drive (2 drives if you have an SD card installed).... Navigate to the Oregon and locate the GPX files you want off and delete them from there.

Waypoints that you added to the Oregon yourself can be deleted from the unit itself using the Waypoint Manager. Geocaches are stored in the form of GPX files (which are handled completely differently from Waypoint files) and they cannot be deleted directly from the unit. Plug in the Oregon to your PC where it will appear as a drive (2 drives if you have an SD card installed).... Navigate to the Oregon and locate the GPX files you want off and delete them from there.

Thanks for the help on the waypoint history.

I do know how to delete the caches contained in a pocket query and do so as i leave an area of interest. My curiosity is where did that To Many caches notation come from that appeared on the 450 when it was first turned on?

Thanks for the help on the waypoint history.

I do know how to delete the caches contained in a pocket query and do so as i leave an area of interest. My curiosity is where did that To Many caches notation come from that appeared on the 450 when it was first turned on?

That part I can't help you with. I've never seen that message on my 550. Does it seem to work as normal other than that?