geocaching in the news in iowa....

Guest welch

Guest tecmage

Hey Welch,

Good stuff! It seems a lot of the newer caches are in Eastern Iowa. We've cooled off a little in the rest of the state (no pun intended). Is there a website for the paper? Jeremy will put up a link if there is, and I'd like to check out the article.

Richard

Guest pedally

Howdy all! Since we are in an Iowa room from the great plains [?] I was wondering just how many geocachers we have from Iowa.

If it's not too much trouble can we sign a little note telling us what area of Iowa we enjoy geocaching in??

Me?? I enjoy geocaching within 40 miles of Des Moines (so far).

quote:
Originally posted by tecmage:

Hey Welch,

Good stuff! It seems a lot of the newer caches are in Eastern Iowa. We've cooled off a little in the rest of the state (no pun intended). Is there a website for the paper? Jeremy will put up a link if there is, and I'd like to check out the article.

Richard

yea the papers got a web site but im not sure they are going to put the article on the net at any point.....

Guest tecmage

quote:
Originally posted by pedally:

Howdy all! Since we are in an Iowa room from the great plains [?] I was wondering just how many geocachers we have from Iowa.

If it's not too much trouble can we sign a little note telling us what area of Iowa we enjoy geocaching in??

Hi Pedally,

Tracy and I (R & T is how we are referred to sometimes) are in Ames, but geocache wherever we can! We've done a lot in Central Iowa and the Kansas City area (St Louis, here we come?). icon_biggrin.gif

Richard and Tracy

Guest tecmage

quote:
Originally posted by pedally:

Hi Pedally,

Tracy and I (R & T is how we are referred to sometimes) are in Ames, but geocache wherever we can! We've done a lot in Central Iowa and the Kansas City area (St Louis, here we come?). icon_biggrin.gif

Richard and Tracy

Guest GeoForse

GeoForse and the GreaterForse--Nevada, Iowa,

Cachers since March, 2001. All Central Iowa Caches except for three California. Retiring soon (14 days) Hope to do more travelling (and geocaching). Recently did the interview with CityView. The article should be out either 1/24 or 1/31. Enjoy introducing newbies to geocaching.

Secondary Geocaching Pleasure?

Repartee with R & T (Hey! That rhymes!!!!)

[This message has been edited by GeoForse (edited 17 January 2002).]

Hi, I'm in NE Iowa. Far NE. Have found a couple caches near Chicago on a trip. And will be doing some SE Minnesota ones and western Wisconsin.

I might even have to put some out at some point... introduce you to the wonders of this area.

Guest SpinWebby

I just picked up a copy of CityView today. It was a great article. I'm planning to be on WHO Radio next Saturday for a quick interview. I'll have to post another message when I get all the details.

We've been geocaching since August, I believe. I heard about it on TechTV and when I told my husband about it, he ignored me. Then when he saw the exact same segment on a "weekly highlights" of the show, he said, "Gee hun, wouldn't that be fun?" Yeah!

Anyway, we actually enjoy the Ames caches, but we haven't been hunting anywhere else but Central Iowa. We do plan to hit Omaha alot and will try to get to Chicago for their Spring picnic event. My company does business in Chicago, so that might become a good destination for a long weekend for us. Omaha is an easy 2 hours and we love the Mahoney State Park there west of town.

We'd love to see you all at the Great Plains Geocaching event in June. Its so much fun reading the forums and the logs, I'd love to meet you all. Details are at http://www.gpgeocaching.com.