Wichita

Guest Paul Lamble

Guest Steve McGinnis

Maybe I should run over there this week end and get it befor you. I see you were at the kid cache about 30 minutes befor me.

------------------

smcginnis@terraworld.net

home 20:

N 37 50.532

W094 42.371

Guest Paul Lamble

I'm really surprised that Wichita isn't loaded with caches already. A college town. All of that high-tech industry. Well, the next four years will see me down there a lot, so any new caches will get a visit from me.

Paul Lamble

Guest chrome

I know that when I was in college, I didn't have the money or time for something as trivial as geocaching. What between class & tuition and Parties and Beer, when is one expected to have the time or money?

Paul, are you going to Wichita State?

I'm think that the "metal detector" crowd is probably more apt to join the geocaching revolution than your typical college student. Hey wait, BRAINSTORM, this just hit me. The Six Pack Cache! I'll hide a cache with a 6 pack, some caffiene tablets, a couple hits of Ecstacy, a pack of condoms, A pre-paid $20 Visa card, a prepaid Trac-Phone card, some Dominoes coupons, a list of URL links where you can buy term papers, and an Eminem CD. I'll have every college kid in the country buying a GPS and accessing this web page for the coordinates! Oh settle down. I'm just kidding. But it does make me think what I could put in a cache that would make someone want to seek it out just for what's in it rather than seeking it for "The thrill of the hunt".

Guest turken

Your take on the lack of college students about sums it up. Hayley and I are both still in college at KU, but we're the minority there in that we'd rather spend what little entertainment money we have on cool toys instead of drinks or drugs. Well, that and we're both in the school of Engineering. I think a lot of college students would have fun caching, they just don't want to spend the time and money to get a GPS. Of course, I half justified buying my GPS by saying that since I was able to use one textbook for two semesters, I saved almost enough money to pay for it.

Guest Ttepee

Ok here's a challenge for a college student. Plan a cross country geocaching trip after school before getting tied into the responsibilities of career! I spent 6 months traveling the country a year after college... geocaching would be the perfect way to catch the best of the area all the way across ...everyones' too good not to share kinda places...Ohhh to be young again! ;-)

Guest crawdad

Poor mom and dad... little billy or susie will be off enjoying the life of geocaching while i get to cover thier bills for another 6 months.

quote:
Originally posted by Ttepee:

Ok here's a challenge for a college student. Plan a cross country geocaching trip after school before getting tied into the responsibilities of career! I spent 6 months traveling the country a year after college... geocaching would be the perfect way to catch the best of the area all the way across ...everyones' too good not to share kinda places...Ohhh to be young again! ;-)