Upcoming Events in Central Iowa

smillersmiller

Geocaching 101 last weekend went very well (and the weather the last 24 hours proves just how fortunate we were). 23 Geocachers braved the snow and chilly weather for an afternoon of fun.

We had so much to talk about and so much cache hunting to do at Geocaching 101 that we didn't even bring up Benchmarking at all. icon_smile.gif It's been suggested I lead a Benchmarking Trek in March, and I'm working out the details now. March 8th or March 15th seem likely candidates.

I've also thought it might be fun to do a Meet & Greet at a pizza restaurant. A lot of Geocaching groups do these once a month or so to share ideas and stories.

Scott

In addition to Benchmarking 101 on March 15, 2003...

Jeremy Irish has suggested that Geocachers do a Cache In Trash Out clean up on April 26 to commemorate Earth Day (April 22, 2003). I think this is a fantastic idea, and I've even got a candidate site that needs cleaned up.

Is there any interest in doing this type of event? Any suggestions of sites to be cleaned up?

A state park would be a good candidate. The Cedar Rapids area Geocachers might contact the State park Welch is having so much fun with and offer to clean up for Earth Day.

Scott