HitchCache II

John & Everest

A month ago I discovered that HitchCache went missing. Gone without a trace! It was a wonderful cache that introduced some locals to a park they never knew existed. I'm still puzzled by its disappearance. It was ranger-approved, so I know the park staff didn't take it; and there was no litter around the cache site. Gone! *POOF* Nada.

So there needed to be another HitchCache. After a month of planning, waypoint mapping, and container building, I'm happy to announce that HitchCache II was planted today, has been submitted to Geocaching.com, and should be live on Geocaching.com soon. It is a multicache located in one of the best parks around Omaha (well, that's my opinion).

John

Not being a bow hunter, it's hard for me to give a good description. There are three or four stationary supports for paper targets (at various distances) just inside the entrance to the park. The ranger and local archery club are currently working on moving the range to a different section of the park, but the original range is still there. The new range is not open yet. The land has been cleared and there is gravel down on the new road, but I don't think the targets are in and there is still a storage building (and possibly outhouse) to be built.

Again, I don't use the range, so can't rate it or compare it with others.

John