Columbia Fly Again Travel Bud

net50

On January 31, 2003, my son took me on my first geocaching experience. We went to a nice park in Columbus, Tx where we searched and finally found a box.

In the box was my sons first travel bug, a small toy (The Columbia Space Shuttle). We were both quite happy about the find as my son lives in Galveston and would be able to take the space shuttle to its first destination, NASA.

We were horrified the next morning to learn that the Columbia Space Shuttle had just broken up over Texas and debris was falling all over the state.

My son took the space shuttle on to the Houston Space Center as scheduled. He took pictures of it at the temporary memorial set up outside the entrance of NASA (posted on the Columbia Fly Again site). He then placed the Columbia Fly Again travel bug in its new resting place near the space center. It still has several destinations left to fly again.

I hope whoever finds this cache will think of the seven brave men and women who lost their lives on February 1, 2003, pray for their families and for the United States of America.

God Bless You

Net

I certainly can't wait for this bug to complete one of its goals by making it here to Titusville. I would love to find it and help it on its way.

Our hearts and prayers go out to the astronauts, their families, friends, coworkers and everyone who loves to hear those sonic booms.

Columbia will be a part of us forever.