Saved from total destruction!

The Fougerons

Well,

today was a first. We went out to the Short's Quilt Cache, and met a few nice people in uniform. They, however, were waiting for the bomb squad to arrive. They did get a chuckle (fortunately) after the fact when they found out there were simply some very non-explosive quilt scraps contained within the cache.

You can see more information (my full log entry) on the

Cache page

TTFN Jim.

That's a cool story. How did you convince them? What I'm wondering is if you explained geocaching and then opened the box for them? Did they stand really far away when/if you opened the box, or did one of them open it?

----------

Chickenfoot! Come back! You're not a freak! You're just stupid!

We explained geocaching a little, and fortunately, we had printouts of this cache (and about a dozen others). They however, were the ones who opened the cache. They had poked at it with a big sunflower plant they pulled out of the ground, and had gotten the box out of the bush, and into the parking lot.

I am glad we got there when we did. Talking to two edgy officers and convencing them what was up, would certainly be easier than convencing a dozen, when the "bomb" was at the bottom of a detonation barrel. Having the kids along with me I think also eased thier tensions. It might not have gone so well, if I had shown up on a Harley in leathers [icon_biggrin.gif]

--------------------------------------------------That's a cool story. How did you convince them?

What I'm wondering is if you explained geocaching

and then opened the box for them? Did they stand

really far away when/if you opened the box, or

did one of them open it?

--------------------------------------------------

We explained geocaching a little, and fortunately, we had printouts of this cache (and about a dozen others). They however, were the ones who opened the cache. They had poked at it with a big sunflower plant they pulled out of the ground, and had gotten the box out of the bush, and into the parking lot.

I am glad we got there when we did. Talking to two edgy officers and convencing them what was up, would certainly be easier than convencing a dozen, when the "bomb" was at the bottom of a detonation barrel. Having the kids along with me I think also eased thier tensions. It might not have gone so well, if I had shown up on a Harley in leathers [:)]

--------------------------------------------------That's a cool story. How did you convince them?

What I'm wondering is if you explained geocaching

and then opened the box for them? Did they stand

really far away when/if you opened the box, or

did one of them open it?

--------------------------------------------------