New Premium Member

BESTeam

I recently got an Etrex20 and decided to become a premium member. I followed the guidelines for creating my first pocket query and the zip file was sent to my email address. Now I am a bit lost. Do I have to save the zip file to my computer and then unzip it before sending it to the device; or can I send it directly to the GPS and unzip it there? Do I need any other software to do this correctly? Thanks for any help!

Yes, that worked! Thanks!

I actually create 2 PQs; one for home and one for when I am away on vacation. I guess this varies by GPS, but I am not seeing 2 different lists when I click "Geocache" on my GPS menu. It just shows those caches closest to home (where I am right now). Do you know if there is a way to flip between the PQs I created, because I had hoped to make a third for the road trip from my house to vacation as well.

No, you can't switch between pocket queries. But every time you click "Geocache" on the menu, it will show you the closest to you at that moment, and list all other caches from there in increasing distance. So as you travel, it will naturally move from one PQ to the other as you get closer to your destination. If you create a PQ for the route you'll take between home and vacation, then those caches will also show up at the top of the list as you drive.

If you want to verify that the travel or farther away caches are actually loaded and ready to go, use the menu button when you are in the cache list and select spell search. Enter the name of one and select it. Then zoom out the map and you should see the rest in that area.

If you want to verify that the travel or farther away caches are actually loaded and ready to go, use the menu button when you are in the cache list and select spell search. Enter the name of one and select it. Then zoom out the map and you should see the rest in that area.