Editing coordinates on the cache page

I used the pencil edit to change several coordinates for some puzzle caches I solved. I then ran a pocket query, loaded it into GSAK and then to my gpsr (garmin vista hcx). The coords look correct in my gpsr but shows that I am over 7,00 miles from the caches when it should be only about 30 miles. What am I missing?

I used the pencil edit to change several coordinates for some puzzle caches I solved. I then ran a pocket query, loaded it into GSAK and then to my gpsr (garmin vista hcx). The coords look correct in my gpsr but shows that I am over 7,00 miles from the caches when it should be only about 30 miles. What am I missing?

When you corrected the coordinates on the cache page, did you add the "N" and "W" to the latitude and longitude? If you don't, it automatically defaults to "N" and "E," which could account for being thousands of miles off! :D

When you correct the coordinates, the icon also updates on the map window in that cache page - the icon should move to the corrected coordinates. When you open up one of those puzzle cache pages with the new coordinates, does the icon show up in right spot? If it's out in the middle of an ocean (or in the wrong country), that's also a red flag that it might be reading your "west" longitude as an "east" longitude. :)