Magellan Explorist GC not turning on after using in PC

Has anyone else come across this problem? Twice in the last week I have plugged my Magellan Explorist GC into the computer to download some new caches. I've used freshly charged rechargable batteries. Once safely disconnecting and unplugging the gps it is refusing to turn on regardless of what batteries I use. I have tried more rechargables. Its becoming really frustrating. This morning I came to turn it on with new batteries and it worked really well. Not so once I had unplugged it. I'm just trying to figure out if the fault lies with the batteries or with the gps. Feel like I'm spending more time trying to figure out the problem then actual geocaching :( Please help anyone.

This was actually the reason why I returned my eXplorist GC a couple weeks after getting it - it kept shutting down, and the only way to turn it back on was to take out the batteries and put them back in. That usually fixed it, since it wasn't actually draining the batteries.

For me it wasn't just in conjunction with plugging it in to my computer though - it would happen at random times too. So I'm not sure if it's the same problem as yours. But eventually I just got so frustrated that I took it back to REI and exchanged it for a different model of GPS unit.