How to find caches in parks and such

NegaRex

I used to live in the mountains, and after moving to Sacramento I've come to miss the opportunity to be outside in nature and stuff. Walking through city streets doesn't really do it for me. Is there a way to find caches that are in parks or nature areas in general? Sacramento has huge parks and reserves around the American River, but to find any caches there so far I've just to sort through pages and pages of caches I'm not terribly interested in finding, due to their urban locations.

I used to live in the mountains, and after moving to Sacramento I've come to miss the opportunity to be outside in nature and stuff. Walking through city streets doesn't really do it for me. Is there a way to find caches that are in parks or nature areas in general? Sacramento has huge parks and reserves around the American River, but to find any caches there so far I've just to sort through pages and pages of caches I'm not terribly interested in finding, due to their urban locations.

Why not use the geocaching map? That way you can look at the whole Sacramento area and find the green spaces - and the the caches that are hidden in those green spaces.

Looks like there are quite a few parks in the area: Sacramento geocache map

I agree about using the map, I use it all the time to figure out where I want to go.

Not sure if you use a smartphone to cache or not. But with my android I use the actual geocaching.com app and I can open up a map view, move to the area I want to check and search the area on the map on my phone as well.

Don't worry about the caches, just pick the location based on it being a good place to walk. There will be caches there. If you aren't using something like a smartphone that gives you caches dynamically, do a pocket query of the area so you have all the caches in your GPSr. Then go to the ones that are in the park and ignore the ones that aren't.

Using the map is an excellent way to explore what caches are where, but in an area with as many caches as Sacramento, you don't have to do it that way if you don't want to.