Premium Membership?

dragon86

I just purchased a Premium Membership and I have a couple of questions.

Where do you find premium member only caches? I downloaded 4 caches

to start hoping to have logs and hints since I am inexperienced

in Geocaching. Only one of the four had logs the others said to upgrade to

Premium Membership yet when I checked online there were hints and logs on all.

Don

If I understood correctly.

Where you find PMO caches? PMO cache map icon is a circle instead of normal square icon.

Did you download those all of those caches after you upgraded your membership? If not or not sure, try to download them again again.

I do not see any circle type caches on my maps so I guess no premium caches are

close by.

I have a new Garmin Montana 650 so there are no gpx files on it.

The files I downloaded are new ones. Still not sure what is going on.

Don

If you're still having issues once you log out and log back in to the goecaching.com website, perhaps try this:

Even new GPS units sometimes come with GPX files pre-loaded. When you connect the GPSr to your computer, open it up like you would a usb drive, so you can see the folders inside. There should be a folder for GPX files - open that one up and delete the files inside.

How are you putting the geocache files on your Garmin? I recommend running a pocket query. Once you unzip that file you'll have two GPX files, one of the caches and one of the waypoints. Drag and drop both of those into the GPX folder on your Garmin.

Premium-member only caches will look like circles on the map - regular caches are square.

If there are PMO caches in the area, you need to zoom in on the map before the symbols turn from a generic green rectangle to a circle for PMO.

I just got caught on that again, looking at caches on the map. I clicked on one to read the cache page and was surprised to see "pmo". Oh, right...forgot to zoom in on the map prior to opening cache pages. duh is me.

Our username must show up on a lot of audit logs. :lol:

B.