Linking membership to GPS (newbie)

You need to delete all the old geocache files out of your Etrex first. Then when you upload new caches (or, with your new premium membership, upload the GPX files from your Pocket Queries), you'll get all the extra info that comes with your premium membership.

GPS units save the oldest versions of files - so if you have any old geocaching files in there from before you were premium, they will not get overwritten with new files - so you'll still only see the basic info. Hence, the best thing to do is to get rid of all the old geocache files in the Etrex.

Hope that's useful!

I was just expecting to get a message other than:

"Receive more information such as cache descriptions and hints with a Premium membership. Visit http://www.geocaching.com/subscribe for more details."

The GPS is telling me that I can get more info if I subscribe. I subscribed and still the same message, therefore I need to link my subscription to the GPS. My question is how? Is it a GPS (Garmin) thing, or a www.geocaching thing? I can't find anything about it so I thought this forum might help.