Geomate Jr update cable

Good afternoon fellow cachers,

I was hoping to find some answers about the geomate Jr. GPS unit.

We have picked one up used from someone else but they did not have the update cable for it. I was looking at the port for the cable and it seems to look like the older samsung cell phone ports. Does anyone know if there is a generic cable for this unit or does it only work with the Geomate Jr update kit.

we would like to get the cable but I found it way to expensive to buy and ship into Canada at 25 for the cable plus an additional 19 for shipping is crazy.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Dalonobra

If I'm not mistaken, you need their cable. The web sight has been having problems this whole last week and no downloads have been available.

I don't think I would spend the money on the cable. The company's history has been a little shakey.

Edited by Apt.Dweller

If I'm not mistaken, you need their cable. The web sight has been having problems this whole last week and no downloads have been available.

I don't think I would spend the money on the cable. The company's history has been a little shakey.

Let me interpret that. Originally the concept was interesting. I had one to try. I traded it for an old, but still useable Garmin as a novelty, after warning my trading partner they are now junk. Do not waste any more money on this piece of crap. Anybody still advertising new ones for sale should be charged with fraud. There are old, used, cheap, no frills units out there that will serve you better. If you want to give a kid a toy, go to McDonalds.