Problem sending caches to Oregon 450

Hi -- new member here, and new to geocaching.

I bought a Garmin Oregon 450, but I am unable to send caches downloaded here to the unit. I installed the latest version of Communicator, but when I click the "Send to my GPS" button (Same issue on multiple caches, but here is one I tried: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=e0fbb510-62bf-4956-89d3-1cff10f588b7), I get an error saying

"The following items cannot be transferred:

1. Waypoints

Either the GPS does not support the items or Garmin Communicator Plug-In needs

to be upgraded.

Press OK to transfer the other items you selected (if any)."

and nothing shows up on my Oregon when I click 'Geocaches'. Same issue on Firefox and Chrome. Any ideas?

When you plug your Oregon into the computer, does it show up on My Computer as two drives (one for internal storage and one for SD slot)? Make sure you have the Oregon set up for storage mode (Setup > System > Interface, select Garmin Spanner or Garmin Serial).

When I connect the Oregon to the PC and turn it on, it (the Oregon) prompts me whether I want USB Mass Storage mode or not. If I choose 'YES' on that prompt, no GPS device is detected my my PC when I try to load the GPX via my web browser (as expected). If I choose 'NO' at that prompt, I am able to select the Oregon when clicking Send to my GPS, but I get the error. As I recall, it does show up as two drives in Windows Explorer (one called GARMIN and the other is the SD Card) when I choose 'NO' to the USB Mass Storage prompt, and only one drive if I were to choose 'YES'.

I'll double check all settings when I get home tonight.

Edited by thormx538