New Nexian HandyGPS $119

Guest chrome

Guest chrome

I've been shopping and found all these deals, so I thought I'd share them since none are exactly what I'm looking for.

CompUSA has this Visor Springboard GPS unit fot $119. Thats at your local store not online. If you go to the web page it will list the price but then direct you to the nearest store.

Hope I helped someone out!

Guest tuckers_trio

I tried one of these, and returned it. The antenna is very small, and awful. Outdoors, away from trees, I could only get two satellites. There's no comparison to my Garmin.

------------------

===

tucker's trio

Guest cache_ninja

the handygps got alot of bad reviews on www.visorcentral.com, they had many problems with it when it 1st came out, i think they improved it, but i think the consensus seems to be that the Geode is a better option for Visor. for 119$ i'd definately get a magellan 315 instead ...

Guest Exocet

To cache_ninja and others:

I've owned a Geode GPS unit (USD$280) since the first week of February. I've visited about 40 caches in the northwest here (lots of tree cover) and it's done very well so far. The only thing I don't really like about the unit is that it seems to absolutely devour batteries. 4-5 hours on a set of Alkaline AA's doesn't seem long enough! I just switched over to 1550mAh NiMH's and I seem to get about 2.5-3.0 hours of use out of 'em when the Geode is on constantly.

But, really, besides the battery life it's a nice GPS. I like it, at any rate.

All that being said, if it were me... I'd wait to buy one. GeoDiscovery, the company that makes the Geode, is going through some transitions due to the market being a bit bumpy right now. Instead, if I were new to the GPS world, I'd invest in a sub USD$120 unit. Your investment is likely to be substantially less than $120 and can either be sold off or used as a compliment to the Geode, should you wish to purchase one in three to six months.