4-SALE! GeoDiscovery Geode GPS Springboard Module For Handspring Visor

Guest Ring

GeoDiscovery Geode GPS Springboard Module For Handspring Visor

geode1.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Geode? GPS Module is a fast, accurate, and versatile global positioning system that slides into the Springboard slot of any Handspring Visor PDA. It works with GeoView? Mobile Palm-based software to place your location in the context of detailed interactive maps and points of interest. And it?s packed with features you won?t find in other consumer GPS systems.

The Geode? GPS Module?s unique value starts with its accuracy and versatility. Thanks to a new Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS), the Geode? GPS module is generally accurate to within two meters. A SiRFstar II receiver uses SiRF?s FoliageLock technology to provide better GPS service in canyons and dense foliage. Thanks to the digital compass, the Geode? even senses which direction you?re facing and orients itself accordingly.

The Geode? GPS Module is also the only GPS with two integrated MultiMediaCard (MMC*) card slots for storing maps and travel information. Each MMC* slot can hold up to 64 MB of digital information, so you?ll never run low on storage space.

Technical data

Receiver: L1, C/A code, 12 channels

Acquisition time (cold): 38 seconds

Acquisition time (warm): 8 seconds

Update rate: 10 per second

Interfaces: NMEA 2.2, SiRF ASCII and binary

Antenna: Integrated

Points of interest: Geographic features and landmarks, historic points of interest

Additional features: Includes 2 multimedia card SLOTS capable of holding 64 MB each

Battery requirements: 2 AA batteries

Width: 2.4 inches

Depth: 1.2 inches

Height: 4.3 inches

Weight (with batteries): 3.7 ounces

RETAIL$290

IM SELLING IT FOR $215 in the box...

[This message has been edited by Ring (edited 30 December 2001).]

The MMC slots mentioned do not work. I don't know if the seller didn't realize that or not, but GeoDiscovery, the maker of the Geode GPS, has said that getting the MMC slots to work is in the works ...but seeing as how they've been hit rather hard by economic hard times, I wouldn't hold my breath.

The Geode GPS isn't a bad unit, it just has plenty of quirks. Hopefully, someday, GeoDiscovery will get back on their feet and continue development of the firmware/software.

"Strictly hand-held is the style I go." --Beastie Boys