Using Locus offline with GPX Data

SlimJim72

Hello fellow Geocachers,

I´m using Locus with a cached Vector map that works fine. I installed it with GeoGet on my android phone. I have got a premium membership which allows me to download GPX data, right? I would like to download all caches for germany for example and put them on my phone so I can use them offline. Is that possible? Or do I have to make a waypoint / route and download the GPX then? If so, how can I do that?

Sorry if this question has been asked before I googled a lot buf wasn´t able to find the answer. Thanks in advance for taking your time.

Happy caching,

Markus :rolleyes:

I use Locus off-line like that and have about 1200 caches near me on it. The short answer is yes, using a Pocket Query to generate a GPX file to copy to your phone is the way to go. Whether you do it as a simple radius PQ or route PQ is up to you and depends what works best for the area you want to cover, but the result is the same, the required GPX file :)

If you have the pro version of Locus you can just install the geocaching/Live addon and import your PQ's directly into it (if your phone is online at home over your wireless router) instead of downloading to pc and then copying to phone and then importing in Locus.

If you have any problems or need more help just ask :)