DLing Caches to Magellan eXplorist 500 LE

JJHBDST

The GPS communicates with my PC fine, but when I try to DL to it from the website, no dice.

Anyone have any suggestions or advice?

Thank you in advance.

What you need is to install Mapsend Lite, which would be on the install cd's that came with the unit. If you bought it used, or don't have the cd, download it, use Google to search for it. Then import your PQ into the program, and export it to the unit as a Mapsend .gc file, up to 200 caches per file maximum, no limit on the number of files you can create. Make your query search for 200 caches and you'll be good to go.

I have a 210 that I load this way and it works perfectly.

SO very frustrated....

I am now a premium member, and can download the caches in GPX file format, and the GPS says it is communicating with the host machine, but when I try to use the Magellan Geocaching Manager that came with it, it says it cannot find the unit.

Any suggestions?

SO very frustrated....

I am now a premium member, and can download the caches in GPX file format, and the GPS says it is communicating with the host machine, but when I try to use the Magellan Geocaching Manager that came with it, it says it cannot find the unit.

Any suggestions?

What is your operating system? It is possible that the old magellan software will not work with newer versions of windows, as this thread indicates. When I had an explorist, I used GSAK to load the pocket queries into my unit and it worked well.

Programs like GSAK may also give you greater flexibility. I would download some pqs (up to 200 caches) in the .gs format; download larger pqs of 500 caches into magellan poi (.upt) formats, and customize some of the data.

Edited by geodarts