need basic help

ProgrammerGeek

I am new to this geocoin thing it has me intrested. A couple of very basic questions since I didn't see a sticky.

1 How do you buy coins or can you have them made, it looks like people get them made and purchase the number form geocatching?

2. Collecting them, you just buy and collect or put them in curculation and collect them after there trip?

3. The code thing I would think would be active forever or is it not? How do the codes work?

Basically I would not mind collecting some but wondering how to even get started.

Thnank in advance for any advice and dealing with my newbe thread.

Hi and welcome to the Geocoinforum!

I agree with TeamEccs21, it is a very good idea to read the pinned threads. Meanwhile I can roughly try to answer your questions:

1 How do you buy coins or can you have them made, it looks like people get them made and purchase the number form geocatching?

There are several ways to get coins for example there are internet shops that sell them (all over the world), there are cachers who sell the coins that they made, there are coiners that sell coins here in the forum, there is of course the e-place where you can bid for the coins or people like to trade for them,

2. Collecting them, you just buy and collect or put them in curculation and collect them after there trip?

Usually the coins are made to travel but like stamps who are made to stick them onto a letter people started to collect them because there are so beautiful. Of course collectors only collect coins that they own, otherwise they wouldn't be collectors but geocoin thieves.

3. The code thing I would think would be active forever or is it not? How do the codes work?

If you bought a coin you can decide to activate it or leave it unactivated. If you activate it it will be forever and you can let the coin travel or even keep it activated in your collection and let people discover it. There are a lot of collectors who don't activate the coins.

Basically I would not mind collecting some but wondering how to even get started.

Once in a while there are coiners who sell there a collection or a bunch of coins. For example there is a thread here

I hope you understand my answers because English is a foreign language for me ;)

Hi and welcome to the Geocoinforum!

I agree with TeamEccs21, it is a very good idea to read the pinned threads. Meanwhile I can roughly try to answer your questions:

There are several ways to get coins for example there are internet shops that sell them (all over the world), there are cachers who sell the coins that they made, there are coiners that sell coins here in the forum, there is of course the e-place where you can bid for the coins or people like to trade for them,

Usually the coins are made to travel but like stamps who are made to stick them onto a letter people started to collect them because there are so beautiful. Of course collectors only collect coins that they own, otherwise they wouldn't be collectors but geocoin thieves.

If you bought a coin you can decide to activate it or leave it unactivated. If you activate it it will be forever and you can let the coin travel or even keep it activated in your collection and let people discover it. There are a lot of collectors who don't activate the coins.

Once in a while there are coiners who sell there a collection or a bunch of coins. For example there is a thread here

I hope you understand my answers because English is a foreign language for me ;)

Thanks for the reply it is perfect! and the elglish is good.