Hot spots too small on Geocaching Maps

jri

• Details of my configuration (browser and version, application version, etc.):
    • Firefox 12.0 / WinXP,
    • Opera 11.64 / WinXP
    • Chrome 19.0.1084.56 m / WinXP

[*]Specific steps leading to the observed behaviour:

• In Geocaching Maps, zoom in to level 14 or greater

[*]Details of the observed behaviour:

• When you move the mouse over a geocache icon, the hot spots (the regions where the mouse pointer changes, the cache name tool-tip is shown and the icon is clickable) are only in the middle of the cache icons and do not extend all the way to the edges.
    • Where cache icons are close enough to overlap, this means that the mouse can sometimes appear to be over the top icon, but only the details from the bottom icon are shown.
    • This bug also makes the website harder for less dexterous people use.

[*]Details of the expected behaviour, i.e. what you believe should be happening instead:

• I believe that at zoom levels 14 and greater, the hot spots should be made the same size as the cache icons, so that if the mouse is over any area where icons overlap, the tool-tips for all the icons will be displayed.
    • This already happens at zoom levels 13 and smaller, where the cache icons are smaller and the hot spots cover the full extent of the icon.