OSM Maps for Garmin Don't Match Online Detail

I am impressed by the extensive coverage of trail on the OSM maps displayed on the GC.COM (at least for Central Maryland). I am very interested in being able to use OSM maps with the same level of detail on my Oregon 450. I have downloaded OSM .IMG files from several different sites and installed them on my GPSr but none of the maps have been as detailed as what's displayed online. For example, look at the area around GC1AW3X using the OSM map on GC.Com and you will see the cache is located near a trail and that other caches are on the same network of trails. These trails do not appear on any OSM-based IMG maps I have been able to download. Is anyone aware of OSM-derived .IMG files for the US that contain the level of detail as the OSM maps displayed on GC.COM? I download a Maryland .IMG file from Cloudmate and it lacked the detail, as did maps from osmmaps.com. I am really hoping to avoid delving into the apparent complexity of generating my own maps using mkgmap and it is not at all clear to me that doing so would solve the problem. Can anyone point me to a specific solution to this problem?

Try garmin.openstreetmap.nl for maps.

Turn up the detail on your GPSr and BaseCamp to high or highest.

Zoom in to 7 miles or closer.

Do you know the source of the OSM images on GC.com? I would assume direct from OpenStreetMap. If so garmin.openstreetmap.nl should have the trails.

Thanks for the suggestion but the problem persists; I tested your suggestion and downloaded the relevant section of MD and unfortunately the trails are missing.

That's odd, because when I download from there I see all the trails and unpaved roads I put on OpenStreetMap.

Thanks for the suggestion but the problem persists; I tested your suggestion and downloaded the relevant section of MD and unfortunately the trails are missing.

That's odd, because when I download from there I see all the trails and unpaved roads I put on OpenStreetMap.

Do you see the trails surrounding the cache in Maryland I referenced above?

Edited by Driddy