Browse for caches on map, save all on area for offline use

Hello all. I am definitely struggling while searching for an Android application that does just that.

I want to browse and zoom around a map. For instance, I want to center the map over the area where I am going to pass the weekend. Zoom to a certain level. Then click on "download all caches for offline use" and get that, so that when I will be there, where there is usually NO network at all, I can still geocache with my smartphone.

Is it there an app that does that and I missed it out?

Thank you everybody!

Neongeo can do that. And it will download maps around the caches as well. Might be a few more "clicks" than you indicate, but it is possible relatively easily. Check out the Forums and Wiki from the link for more info.

Thank you.

I messed it around with it, but the "auto download" settings only downloaded the... position of the icon on the map, to say it in very rough terms.

Still, if I go offline and I click on one of those saved icons, the cache content won't load.

I will look further to see how to proceed, but perhaps it is more convenient to search around a specific coordinate with c:geo. I'll investigate.

Thanks.

Auto Download is not the method I was descibing. There is a way to download full details for the list of caches in your Neongeo Database. Just grab the caches you want (either search or blue cube on the map) and then from the list view download all details. That is roughly how it goes as I recall, but do not have my phone with me.

There is now also a Live Map feature that was released a few weeks ago.