Cache names on map

salplus2

+1

It would also be great to be able to number the caches on the map again.

These two missing features were my reason not to switch to the beta maps (of course now that the old maps are gone, I no longer have any choice in the matter).

It's especially very useful for making printouts.

Agreed... I avoided the "Beta" maps completely as they seemed to be a step backwards in functionality compared to the previous maps. You could no longer turn on/off numbering, you were missing the scrollable list of cache name links along side the map (replaced with a flyout that obscured even more of the page), selecting a PQ for the map didn't limit those shown to *just* the PQ (lightning bolts? really??), etc.

IMO the only improvement with the "Beta" maps was the load speed when a large number of caches were on the page. And I'm betting that was due to the map no longer displaying the scrollable list of cache names as links when as the page view changed like the old one did. That scrollable list *of LINKS* was so handy, I rarely even considered the load time penalty as a penalty.

The brand new maps actually seem a bit improved from the "Beta" maps, but a few more pieces of functionality from the older pre-"Beta" version would go a long way to making me a true believer once again.

This may finally be the impetus to examine GSAK...

We'll see.

Edited by tsigom