Personal note-field for user

Poparni

Hi!

I miss a "Personal User Note"-field, where I could write down some words, when I met the person first, telefone-number, real-name, ...

It would be very very great, if you could realize this. And please: could you integrate this functionality also in your mobile app?!

Happy caching,

Poparni!

Hi!

I miss a "Personal User Note"-field, where I could write down some words, when I met the person first, telefone-number, real-name, ...

It would be very very great, if you could realize this. And please: could you integrate this functionality also in your mobile app?!

Happy caching,

Poparni!

You mean the "Personal Cache Note" field on every cache page? It's located just above the description.

Also, in the app, when you're looking at a cache, right below "Hint" is the "Notepad". This field is linked to the "Personal Cache Note" field on the website.

Yes, this is the way I do. But wouldn't it be nice to integrate such simple functionality in geocaching.com? And: I don't generate new contacts for all people I meet on caching rours. Sometimes there happen funny things, while coming together at a cache...

You mean the "Personal Cache Note" field on every cache page? It's located just above the description.

Also, in the app, when you're looking at a cache, right below "Hint" is the "Notepad". This field is linked to the "Personal Cache Note" field on the website.

You must have the iPhone app. The Android app doesn't have a notepad feature. But I sure wish it did! (Besides being tremendously helpful, it would have prevented me from posting something on a cache page I did NOT want to be seen by anyone but me, which happened because I mistakenly used the field note feature.)

You must have the iPhone app. The Android app doesn't have a notepad feature. But I sure wish it did! (Besides being tremendously helpful, it would have prevented me from posting something on a cache page I did NOT want to be seen by anyone but me, which happened because I mistakenly used the field note feature.)

Field notes are not visible on cache pages. You have to convert a field note into a log either through the website or through the API using a 3rd party program like GSAK. The only thing that would be visible to others is a log.

Field notes are not visible on cache pages. You have to convert a field note into a log either through the website or through the API using a 3rd party program like GSAK. The only thing that would be visible to others is a log.

Believe me, it showed up. :( I was looking to see if I could use the app to make a personal cache note. Still rather unfamiliar with it, I wound up writing a field note (which I shouldn't have done) and wasn't really sure how it had been recorded. I didn't have the time to check it out, and then I forgot all about it, so I never followed up on it. A couple of days later, I found a couple of caches and wrote field notes for them, too. Then, completely forgetting that I'd written a field note for the first cache, I posted all of those field notes. The one I'd intended to be a cache note posted too, revealing information that should not have been revealed. And that was my experiment in "can you do a personal cache note on the Android Groundspeak app?" So in case I didn't make it clear, 1) the Android app doesn't have a notepad feature to make a personal cache note and 2) yes, I wound up converting the field note to a log.