File names produced by Magellan Communicator

dwolfeman

I have a new Explorist 710. I can put PQ files into it just fine. I can use "Send to GPS" okay, too, although the silly "Would you like to update to the newest version" window comes up every time unnecessarily. But that is apparently being addressed. My issue is that I only have a limited number of caches in the area that I haven't found and I manage them and the new ones that come out by just sending individual caches via "Send to GPS" as they are published. I don't routinely just update things with a PQ because there are caches that I don't want in there that don't come out with simple PQ filters. Anyway, the issue I have is that Magellan Communicator sends files to the unit with names that make no sense. The file name doesn't use the cache name or even the GC code in it. It starts off with the year (i.e., 2012) and then has a long number after this. If I click on the same cache and "Send to GPS" again, it just adds another file with another number. This is just plain ridiculous! I've been using a Delorme PN-40 for 3 years and the files make sense. When "Send to GPS" is used for that unit, I can see the name of the cache on the unit...and when I resend it, it just overwrites it. This is as it should be. I can't understand why Magellan Communicator would put files into the unit with names that have nothing to do with the cache itself. Any thoughts/input on this? If I have a cache in the unit which is downloaded after I see that it is published, I should be able to come back two or three weeks later and "Send to GPS" again and get all the new logs in the unit. I find the 710 to be a pretty impressive unit now that the bugs are mostly worked out, but for the life of me I can't understand how they can take the easiest part (files) and overcomplicate it. Even when you click on the "GPX file" button for a cache, you get the gc # of the cache in the file for crying out loud! I'm just curious if there is any way to get Magellan Communicator to have the sent file name just be the geocache number or name.