Multi cache

Tyzone

From theKnowledge Books on Fundamental Placement Guidelines (item #6)

Additionally, within a single multi-cache or mystery/puzzle cache, there is no minimum required distance between physical elements. The graphic below shows a few examples of what is and is not acceptable in terms of geocache saturation.

There is a great graphical representation on the linked to page that you should look at. I tried to post it here, but it isn't in a form that the forums allow (unfortunately).

From theKnowledge Books on Fundamental Placement Guidelines (item #6)

Additionally, within a single multi-cache or mystery/puzzle cache, there is no minimum required distance between physical elements. The graphic below shows a few examples of what is and is not acceptable in terms of geocache saturation.

There is a great graphical representation on the linked to page that you should look at. I tried to post it here, but it isn't in a form that the forums allow (unfortunately).

The simple answer is no, legs of a multi do not have to follow the 0.1 mile rule for other listings.

The longer answer is no, they do not need to follow the 0.1 mile rule with regards to legs within the multi but each leg of the multi (that uses a physical container containing the coords of the next leg) can not be within the 0.1 mile distance from other caches. Furthermore if a particular leg is a virtual leg (usually defiend as a question to answer) where coords for the next leg must be deciphered from something at the paricular location like a kisok or reader board then the 0.1 mile rule does not even apply to othr listings...

As the others have pointed out, the stages of a single multi-cache can be as close to each other as the owner wants. I've found multi-caches where I could touch one stage with one hand while touching the other stage with the other hand.

And virtual stages of a multi-cache (i.e., Question to Answer stages, where you get information from an existing object like a plaque or monument) do not count against the saturation guideline. They can be as close to another cache as the owner wants.

But all physical stages of a multi-cache (i.e., containers, tags, or anything else placed by the cache owner) must be at least 528'/161m from all the physical stages of all other caches.