Newbie to Geocaching...

SirDonB

ok, so I have been geocaching for about a week or so now, found 10 caches by myself and with my kids... Have looked for a few more than what we found. Is there anyone in the Rensselaer, East Greenbush area that would like to team up with a newbie and show him the ropes? I know I have a lot to learn and I will take some slack from using a smartphone to geocache with, but its all I got ATM. If I ever get into it deeper than what I am now, I will consider a deticated hand held GPS unit later. Right now it is not in the cards for me to have as part of my asinal. I also do some light off roading with my Jeep, so if you know of any caches that are 4wd friendly, let me know, I might be game for a small drive to get one.

Check the calender for any events or Geocaching club meetings you can attend. Do a google search for any Geocaching organizations in your area. Also ask this same question in the region specific section of the forums. You may get a better response there.

Yea, there are a few organizations/clubs in the area, but my only problem is that their meeting schedule and my personal schedule dont work out with each other. I am looking to meet up with a couple of local people that have been geocaching for a little while that can show me some of the finer points to it all.