new to geocaching

abudzo

so i was on a scuba diving website and a member on there was talking about scuba cashes i think this would be fun to get into as well as regular caches but i would like to know if there is allot of scuba caches and if so what types of hiding or marking gets used? thank you for any help i look forward to participate in this after my return from Afghanistan here shortly.

so i was on a scuba diving website and a member on there was talking about scuba cashes i think this would be fun to get into as well as regular caches but i would like to know if there is allot of scuba caches and if so what types of hiding or marking gets used? thank you for any help i look forward to participate in this after my return from Afghanistan here shortly.

17 FATHOMS

Chelan SCUBA Cache

Here are a couple of examples of Scuba caches in my area. If you tell us the general location you will be in I could post some from close to there.

i will be in the central minnesota area i love scuba diving and i know sometimes i have no idea where i wanna go due to there being many dive sites out there and i was thinking this may help other divers like me decide on where to dive and also add something to find.

that is my hope actually where do you find the scuba caches?

There is a feature for "Premium" accounts that allows you to sort caches based on "attributes". All I do is select that attribute and look at those caches near you. Honestly and with all due respect, I would strongly recommend finding 10 - 100 caches on land before delving in deeper with the Scuba caches. What general area are you in in Afghanistan? There are 229 Geocaches in Afghanistan right now. You may be able to start before you return home.

There is a feature for "Premium" accounts that allows you to sort caches based on "attributes". All I do is select that attribute and look at those caches near you. Honestly and with all due respect, I would strongly recommend finding 10 - 100 caches on land before delving in deeper with the Scuba caches. What general area are you in in Afghanistan? There are 229 Geocaches in Afghanistan right now. You may be able to start before you return home.

i am in helmond prvince right now but i will be leaving here very soon so i doubt i will be able to find it but who knows right

i am in helmond prvince right now but i will be leaving here very soon so i doubt i will be able to find it but who knows right

First off let me say it was fascinating looking up the 20-30 caches in the Helmand Province. Here are a number of them.

Jackson River view

Stag's Lonely Post

The Things new home

So Far From Home!!!

My friend was once my enemy

Penguins Nest

Remembrance

Puppies Cache

Purgatory Cache

Putting aside any political or philosophical questions right off the bat, as they should not enter this conversation.

I have to say during my time looking up these caches I learned a lot. I have recently been reading many Stephan Ambrose books about WWII and it is interesting some of the truisms mentioned to be universal among soldiers, I saw in these caches. I watchlisted almost all of them. It seems like, for a least a few Serving men and women, geocaching can be a connection to home. I hope you get the opportunity to grab at least one of them. If none of them are close to you feel free to e-mail me the city you are in, if you are allowed to, there are quite a few more in the province.

Email me with any questions you may have.

P.S. Here's a quote from one of the find logs, "TFTC. had to knock out some ANA so i could ninja it, but found it."

Is ANA Afghan National Army?

Edited by Hypnopaedia

ANA is Afghan National Army, ANP is Afghan National Police and im at camp leatherneck if that helps

Then is appears as if "The Things new home" would be the closest cache to you. Going off of publicly available sources.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?pf=&guid=e952ebbb-23b1-4250-ad3b-7674314ace84&decrypt=y&log=y&numlogs= this one is the closest that i can see but i am haveing trouble figureing out what MOB is i have a rough idea but i cant get my hands on a DAGR (military GPS)

ANA is Afghan National Army, ANP is Afghan National Police and im at camp leatherneck if that helps

Then is appears as if "The Things new home" would be the closest cache to you. Going off of publicly available sources.

i think i know where this one is at if things go as planned i should find tomorrow?

i think i know where this one is at if things go as planned i should find tomorrow?

Awesome! It will be a great first find story. My first find was on a small lake in suburban Puget Sound, yours will be better :)

I will be watching!

Edited by Hypnopaedia