Garmin Nuvi 1450 Firmware

Does anyone have or know where I can get the old firmware for the Nuvi 1450? Since I updated from version 4.90 all the cache icons are now just little black dots. Way to go Garmin. Garmin used to keep their old firmware on their website, but not anymore. So, if anyone knows where I can find a copy of version 4.90 I'd like to rollback to that. Thanks.

This update showed up last week ... it fixes the "little black square" problem with favorites. I've installed it on a 1450 and it works as advertized. Hmmm, only took Garmin seven months to correct the programing error:

nüvi 13xx and 14xx Firmware Version 5.70

Changes made from version 5.40 to 5.70:

Added new Fleet Management Interface features.

Fixed Fleet Management Interface errors.

Added support for Maged, a new Arabic text-to-speech voice language.

Fixed an error that caused TrafficMaster UK subscription to display as 'New Subscription' when using a GTM 25.

Fixed map display errors.

Fixed POI search errors.

Fixed route calculation and display errors.

Fixed an error that caused location information to not appear on the Go! page for certain Points of Interest.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4551

I just updated to the 2012.40 maps on my Nuvi 1450 and the firmware was first updated to version 5.8. Unfortunately, the unit would then not recognize my geocaches loaded into favorites. Since the trip is tomorrow morning, I didn't do any experimenting ... just back dated the firmware to version 5.7.

So fair warning, before you allow Garmin to update your firmware, take the time to save a copy of version 5.7 to your computer. Then, after Garmin has their way with you, change out the 5.8 version to 5.7 and you will be okay. The firmware versions are all labeled "GUPDATE.GCD", so you'll have to be careful not to get them mixed up.

Again, I didn't do much experimenting, just went ahead and back dated. If I've overlooked something, please feel free to set me straight.

Cheers,

Tom

Back from our trip, so I re-updated the firmware from Garmin's website. Now everything works as it should with Version 5.8 installed. The original download must have become corrupted somehow during the update. Guess I'll have to sit over in the corner with my dunce cap on for awhile. Glad it worked the second time.

I still think it's a great idea to save a copy of each version that you upload. With a copy in hand, it can be a lifesaver if you later find problems with the newest release.

Cheers,

Tom