Popo 5-0

KelseyRaeConnor

How do you handle it when police stop you when youre night geocaching?
I'll let you know if it ever happens.

But in principle, I'd handle it the same way I'd handle it when police stopped me for any reason, at any time: by being cooperative and truthful.

[edit typo]

Edited by niraD

How do you handle it when police stop you when youre night geocaching?

I've had this happen a number of times. One night I was questioned by two different officers at two different caches about half a mile apart. The second one ran my DL and the plates on my truck.

I just tell them what I'm doing. I'm polite and I'm not breaking any laws so I've never had a problem. I've been questioned a number of times during daylight and a number of times at night. No big deal. Some officers know what geocaching is and others don't. I've found that by being polite and always making sure I don't violate any laws - including parking properly - I haven't had any problems with law enforcement. I've been questioned when solo, when with my wife, and when with several other geocachers.

When I'm questioned by law enforcement it just shows the officers are alert and doing their jobs.