Who Am I

acachebox

It appears I am signed in on my I Phone by my e mail address. The problem is when ever I make a field log it never appears on my list of found items on my computer. Should my I Phone be set to my user name so logs sent will be displayed on my computer. If so how do I change my identity on the I Phone?

Assuming your using the Geocaching app for your iPhone you should be logged into the app via your user name and password you use to log in here. Same would go for logging caches on your phone through the web page.

I see no means of logging into the Geocaching app on my phone. It just opens and I use it. I find no identity when I open the app. The only thing I have found is the app has my e mail listed. I was just on Geonavigation and it had instructions of how to link other phones saying to go into settings but the I Phone dose not have that option.

It appears when I send a Field Lofg it is just going to outer space.

Edited by acachebox

Hit the menu button and go to settings. Username and password are at the top of the screen. If you using the full paid version of the app.

I found the user name and password and they are correct. What is limiting the movement of my logs from the phone to my information on Geosearch?

When you fill out the Post a Log/Field Note it sends it to the Logs tab. To send the log to be posted online you need to go to the Logs tab, select the log entry and select send. If its not sending you may not be getting a good signal on your phone. So check the Log tab at the bottom of the screen and make sure you've actually sent them out.

Also, check to make sure that your "style" setting (underneath the "log type" setting - on the menu where you choose whether it's a "found it" or a "didn't find it," etc.) is set to "post as log" rather than "submit as field note." If you've got it set to submit as a field note, then they won't show up on your "found" caches yet.

If you have submitted some caches as field notes, then check your geocaching profile (on a computer, not your phone), and on the right-hand side there will be an "access your field notes" link. You can turn field notes into logs from there.

Also, check to make sure that your "style" setting (underneath the "log type" setting - on the menu where you choose whether it's a "found it" or a "didn't find it," etc.) is set to "post as log" rather than "submit as field note." If you've got it set to submit as a field note, then they won't show up on your "found" caches yet.

If you have submitted some caches as field notes, then check your geocaching profile (on a computer, not your phone), and on the right-hand side there will be an "access your field notes" link. You can turn field notes into logs from there.

OK That was the problem. All my logs were in the Field Notes folder on my computer

Thanks

Edited by acachebox

I am having a heck of a time with trying to get the new version on my I phone. I am still using the INTRO, even though I have paid for premium. I have hooked up with I tunes, had to pay there too. I think my mistake was buying the premium off the web verses the phone. Seems like I have tried everything, everywhere... discouraged. I have found 19 treasures easier then figuring out how to hook up my phone to the new download. Do I use trimble, do I use out sport or do I use I tunes... U get the picture? Too many directions for too many different phones.. HELP... How many 9.99 updates do I need to pay for?