iphone 4 geocaching app

Hi again, haven't been here for a while but wanted to pick your brains... if I may

Can anyone tell me how to enter a waypoint on the iphone app please? I'm particularly thinking of the caches that require a puzzle to be solved and then you enter the new co-ords - either I'm really really dim (could be....) or there isn't a way to do it...

Help please :D

Hi again, haven't been here for a while but wanted to pick your brains... if I may

Can anyone tell me how to enter a waypoint on the iphone app please? I'm particularly thinking of the caches that require a puzzle to be solved and then you enter the new co-ords - either I'm really really dim (could be....) or there isn't a way to do it...

Help please :D

Within the desired cache choose "Navigate to Geocache>".

Then choose the little flag icon in the top right-hand side of the screen, this then allows you to add a way-point.

Dan.

What he said :)

Also, I've said it before but it bears repeating, there are a couple of other apps you might want to add to your toolbox:

Motion X - a great general purpose GPS app. There is a paid version and a free or "Lite" version but they both work very well.

Geocaching Toolkit- in addition to letting you project a waypoint like you asked about, it also has a few other handy puzzle-solving tools like a ROT13 decoder, Roman numeral converter, and coordinate format converter.

Perfect Mark- does waypoint averaging to give you a more accurate coordinate, say for cache placement (here's where I get flamed for advocating placing a cache with an iPhone...that's another discussion entirely. The iPhone 4 is much more accurate than the older versions and is at least as accurate as my Garmin, get past it...:). )

Edited by Chief301

Thank you both! :lol:

And I have to agree with Chief - I was expecting a poor performance from the iphone, having used the super samsung omnia for caching previously, but I've found the iphone 4 to be spot on with its accuracy - updates quickly and when I ask it to locate me in my house it will put me in the correct room!

Thanks again