Racing travel bugs

Guest web-ling

I had thought about a huge relay race but you'd have to put together two teams to do this. It'd be sort of unfair if the Bug made it to North Dakota and only one team had a person there to snag it.

Cool idea though, if you could pull it off icon_wink.gif

I had thought about a huge relay race but you'd have to put together two teams to do this. It'd be sort of unfair if the Bug made it to North Dakota and only one team had a person there to snag it.

Cool idea though, if you could pull it off icon_wink.gif

Guest LoCache

This idea ROCKS! I am on it. I will post details of the race as soon as I bring it all together! As a part of the Georgia Geocachers Association, I think I will see if we can get two teams together and start a race to somewhere .... first person to log that they deposit it in a particular cache wins.... something like that. Whoever wins gets a cool prize. I really like this idea.

Thanks!

Geo

http://www.geopolitan.net/geotrex

http://www.ggaonline.org

Guest glenn95630

Instead of a distance race, what are your thoughts on a 'Leg Race' or 'Segment Race'? First TB to get to 10 different caches carried by 10 different people wins. This would discourage people from holding TBs.

You could also have 'Challange Races', where one TB would challenge another TB to a Segment Race. The TBs could be in different parts of the world. Think of the potential for smack-talk. (I shudder to think of the smack Buck Naked could dish out.)

You could also have geocaching groups from different parts of the world challenge each other. Utah Cachers vs Seattle Area Cachers for example. The goal would be to move a certain TB to as many caches as possible within a certain time frame or first one to move the TB to 10 different caches. Rules might include that a geocacher can only do one leg. This might encourage more people from outside a 'core group' to get involved.

(Somebody please think of a better name than Leg Race or Segment Race) (Does anybody work for the WWF? The wrestling group not the nature group.)

Guest glenn95630

As a sidenote, I am in the beginning stages of creating a Transcontinental Railroad Race between two railroad-spike TBs that would race to Promontory in Utah. One would begin in Sacramento and the other in Iowa.

Like I said, I am in the beginning stages so if someone has already thought of this, then don't let me deter you.

quote:
Originally posted by glenn95630:

As a sidenote, I am in the beginning stages of creating a Transcontinental Railroad Race between two railroad-spike TBs that would race to Promontory in Utah. One would begin in Sacramento and the other in Iowa.

That is a great idea, but you sort of stole some of my thunder. While I wasn't going to do anything like a race, I did have the idea of using a railroad spike as a TB. I already have released an HO scale caboose and was thinking of something else train related.

I am looking forward to tracking yours once you release them.