I'VE ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY GARMIN MAPS

I was trying to delete GPX files off my garmin nuvi 500 with our new macbook and have somehow deleted all map data. I sent most items back to the device from my 'trash' and everything but the maps went back on the gps. Now there is no sign of any garmin folders in my trash. Can someone tell me where my maps went please? Thanks, Jason

I was trying to delete GPX files off my garmin nuvi 500 with our new macbook and have somehow deleted all map data. I sent most items back to the device from my 'trash' and everything but the maps went back on the gps. Now there is no sign of any garmin folders in my trash. Can someone tell me where my maps went please? Thanks, Jason

Where did you delete the maps from? Were you using mass storage mode with the GPS connected to your computer and deleted them from there? If so, plug the GPS into your computer in mass storage mode and then go to trash and try and find the maps as they are probably still stored on the GPS but in a hidden trash folder. If you can't find them, then browse to your GPS device in finder, click "Go" on the menu bar and click "Go to Folder...". Type in ".trashes". This will take you into the trash folder on your GPS where deleted files are stored and you should be able to find the maps inside here. If you find them, copy them out of this folder to the correct location on your GPS, if you can't find them, then they are probably gone.

Good luck finding them :)