Are the guidelines debateable?

Coldgears

Coldgears, I recommend that you ask questions about the individual guidelines you want to know more about.

I agree. Let's use this thread for a general discussion about the process of debating the listing guidelines. While it's fine to give examples, let's not get bogged down in a detailed debate around any particular guideline.

For example, if one wished to discuss buried caches, they could bump Coldgears' recent thread on that subject.

I split off a discussion about the application of the Commercial Caches guideline to a particular cache into its own separate thread. Once again, let's use this thread for a general discussion of forum debates about the guidelines - not for reviewing individual cases.

Ok I have several caches where I have buried a coffee can with a PVC pipe in concrete. Pipe holds the cache. Yes I did have to use a shovel but NO digging required to find cache. It's just sitting in pipe.

IBTL::ph34r:

Edited by NeecesandNephews

Now that the guidelines have been reorganized into a set of KB pages (and done very well I'll add), is there a supported way of commenting on just one page? The only ways I see are 1) start a new feedback topic, which isn't linked from the page in question, 2) discuss it here, which GS doesn't officially read, or 3) email contact. What's best?

That left column with the feedback link isn't present on KB pages.

Note that I'm not talking about anything controversial, just clarifications, container recommendations, and the like.

Edward