Create GPX from directly from some GCXXXX

anigwei_gemma

Hi,

After two years of geocaching we decided to get premium. But I don't know if getting premium will meet my needs... I've seen Pocket queries very complex....

I only want to get a GPX given a list of some geocodes (I confess that I did it before with cacheprinter).

So, given a couple of GCxxx (GC283A4, GC283AH, etc), can I download the GPX for passing it to BasicGPS from Windows Mobile?

Thanks!!!

Open each cache page (http://coord.info/GCxxxxx is a handy shortcut for this if you're typing them from a list) and click the "GPX File" button?

Another ways would be to add each cache you're concerned with to a new bookmark list and then create a PQ from that list, which will result in one GPX file containing exactly and only the caches on the bookmark list.

Hi JeremyR,

The "bookmark way" works perfect for me.

Thanks!

Hi,

After two years of geocaching we decided to get premium. But I don't know if getting premium will meet my needs... I've seen Pocket queries very complex....

I only want to get a GPX given a list of some geocodes (I confess that I did it before with cacheprinter).

So, given a couple of GCxxx (GC283A4, GC283AH, etc), can I download the GPX for passing it to BasicGPS from Windows Mobile?

Thanks!!!

After 2 years of geocaching...I say "paperless"...it is a another world.... that is what the PQs are about.

I used a Garmin Nuvi...now less than $100 and the Pilotsnipes Macro...google it...

Smartphones are also another world.... live data....

Hi,

Thanks!!!

After 2 years of geocaching...I say "paperless"...it is a another world.... that is what the PQs are about.

I used a Garmin Nuvi...now less than $100 and the Pilotsnipes Macro...google it...

Smartphones are also another world.... live data....

Hi,

Yes, by now, we use a Smartphone with live (cheap) data (from carrier Simyo, in Spain).

I used to use NicquePQz, the ideal app that finds geocaches near you and the most important for me: it draws them in google maps. So we can drive near the geocache with the route planned by Google Maps. But that app doesn't work anymore.

But, do you know any way of getting the geocaches displayed in google maps as NicquePqz used to?

In BasicGPS you have the option of see the coordinates in a "photo" of google maps, not the live app..... do you know some trick?

thanks!

Edited by anigwei_gemma