Explorist or Legend H

jtbca

I am look for some help as a noobie I have a chance to grab a new Magellan Explorist 500 (clearence sale) for a 100 bucks or a new Garmin E trex legend for 149.00.

I was leaning toward the features of the magellan but I heard the software is not compatible to windows 7...HELP ME!!!

This will be my first GPS!

Wouldn't get either.

The price for the Legend is too high. Plus, if it's the 8GB Legend it uses a serial port. They sell the H model Etrex units for less money from time to time online. More memory and USB. Free topo maps are also available to load with Mapsource.

I really liked the Explorists I've owned. Good, sturdy little units, but I've not been able to add new maps to mine since running Windows 7. Plus the USB data cords for Explorists are flimsy.

Wouldn't get either.

The price for the Legend is too high. Plus, if it's the 8GB Legend it uses a serial port. They sell the H model Etrex units for less money from time to time online. More memory and USB. Free topo maps are also available to load with Mapsource.

I really liked the Explorists I've owned. Good, sturdy little units, but I've not been able to add new maps to mine since running Windows 7. Plus the USB data cords for Explorists are flimsy.

Thanks I found a Garmin Etrex Legend H for $149. It was the last one in the store so a grabbed it. I am using it mostly for hunting/hiking and maybe statring out into geocaching! There are a lot of caches near where i live.

I hope I made a good choice!