icons

bretina

Do icons work on Oregons? I read that you needed a 32 x 32 jpg image which I made. Shows up fine in the emulator and probably in android/iPhone, but on the Oregon it shows up as a 'puzzle' icon rather then what I made.

I suspect the answer is that it won't work, but I could swear I did some wherigos recently by Mickey & Goofy that had custom icons, so I was hoping there was a trick to it :unsure:

Do icons work on Oregons? I read that you needed a 32 x 32 jpg image which I made. Shows up fine in the emulator and probably in android/iPhone, but on the Oregon it shows up as a 'puzzle' icon rather then what I made.

I suspect the answer is that it won't work, but I could swear I did some wherigos recently by Mickey & Goofy that had custom icons, so I was hoping there was a trick to it ;)

What type of icons and where? Just shoot me your LUA file so I can be FTF on the cache. ;):unsure::D

The icons would show up on the Wherigo list. It shows a Wherigo icon by default. I put a custom icon into the cartridge and I don't see that, but instead see a 'puzzle' icon there. I'll test it on my iPhone and see if it shows up there.. if it does I probably will leave it in and just assume the Garmins can't do it (like many things they can't do). That said.. urwigo has somewhat re-awakened my desire to build Wherigo cartridges. Just so much easier then the default builder.

Talked to Mickey & Goofy and what I was seeing was the type (camera for tour, dragon for story, puzzle, etc.) Those do show up in Oregons but not custom icons.

Oh well.. I took out the icon I had in there. It worked in emulator but I build mine to lowest common denominator (unfortunately that's the Oregon) so.. one less thing to cause a crash I guess