error message while posting pictures to logs

Anyone else getting an error when posting pictures to logs? I've tried repeatedly to post different pictures to different logs, but keep getting the same error. The images are standard jpg's from a camera I've posted from before.

It's not a very informative message, but it shows up every time now:

An Error Has Occurred

Your request has resulted in an error. Please return to this site's home page to continue.

from this page:

http://www.geocaching.com/error/500.htm

You're not alone....it has been happening since the update on Oct 5/2010. What has been suggested in both Feedback and the forums is to resize the photos prior to uploading. One suggestion was using Picnik or Picasa for this. I was able to upload with no problems/no resizing (as the site resized for us) prior to the update. Not sure why it should be different now, but it means I have to learn something new. That'll be fun....just need someone with patience to show me how...............

Well that's a bummer and an added step in the process. I hope this is something that can be re-fixed in an upcoming release. Thanks for the info.

Before I upgraded to a new box, I had a program that would resize by batch or folder. I guess I'll have to find that again.

I don't see any mention of the new picture or file parameters. GC, if you have new photo requirements, it would be nice to get them published so we can follow them. Just MHO.

Edited by rafermadness