Extracting files from sd card on GPSmap 60csx

pickatree

OK, I added a larger sd card to my GPSmap 60csx in hopes to add to my poi totals loaded through GSAK. Well, I'm still limited to the amount that fits on the system memory and the card is empty. How do I load files that I can extract in the field?

Thanks

The He of Pickatree

Edited by pickatree

OK, I added a larger sd card to my GPSmap 60csx in hopes to add to my poi totals loaded through GSAK. Well, I'm still limited to the amount that fits on the system memory and the card is empty. How do I load files that I can extract in the field?

Thanks

The He of Pickatree

Make sure you're loading the files to the right device. When you're sending the maps from Mapsource, choose the memory card, not the location normally referred to as \garmin.

I usually use Explorer to name the card something appropriate like \sd-8gig or whatever, to make it easier to recognize at times like this.

What format are the waypoints when you extract them from GSAK?

I'm sure there are other ways of doing it, but my POIs are exported from GSAK as a .GPX file and then I use the Garmin POILoader to load the GPX file into the 60CSx as POIs.

Realistically, since POIs are really nothing more than text, even with smaller cards you should have plenty of space -- I have the original card that came with my 60CSx and I have close to 30,000 POIs loaded, I have the unit saving track logs to the card as well and I have no space issues.

It sounds like you're process of loading the GPSr is sending the data as waypoints and not POIs. The unit is limited to 1000 waypoints regardless of how much storage you add with the card.