I think I have the world's biggest TB

adondo

Well, it's not really a genuine travel bug, but it's logged 1,606.2 miles so far. Here's the story: We went to my mother's step dad's funeral in Edmonds WA (North of Seattle) on October the 10th. As we were getting ready to leave for home, my aunt mentioned she wanted an antique desk. It was going to cost her $500 to have movers send it to Spokane for her. We drove over in my Ford F-350, and I though it would be totally ridiculous to spend that kind of dough to get a desk moved across the state, so we loaded it up. We fully intended to take it to Spokane the next weekend, but you know how it goes. It's covered up under the truck's Truxedo bed cover, so it's safe enough, but it's been to no less than ten geocaches! The thing weights a ton, so I can't see taking it off only to reload it when we actually do take it to Spokane, so who knows how many more geocaches it'll get to visit? We just visited "Bring a Towell" this last weekend, and that trip alone was 261.6 miles, and the desk was still back there! Granted, now I need to blow the dust off it before we take it to Spokane… we went 50 miles off road getting to/from the falls.

Adondo

[This message was edited by adondo on November 04, 2003 at 12:32 AM.]

[This message was edited by adondo on November 04, 2003 at 12:46 AM.]

[This message was edited by adondo on November 04, 2003 at 08:14 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by adondo:

...my aunt mentioned she wanted an antique desk. It was going to cost her $500 to have movers send it to Spokane for her. We drove over in my Ford F-350, and I though it would be totally ridiculous to spend that kind of dough to get a desk moved across the state, so we...

I thought you were going to say:

...so we attached a TB tag to it and left it at a cache with destination instructions.

icon_smile.gif

Ha! That would’ve been a good idea! It does give me another idea though… how about an old, bald truck tire with a TB attached inside? You could fling one out and the average Geomuggles would just think it was ordinary litter. It would drive (pun intended) a Geocacher crazy as they circled the old tire while looking at their GPS screen until they figured out that the tire they’ve repeatedly thrown aside while looking for the cache, IS the cache!

Adondo

quote:
Originally posted by adondo:

Ha! That would’ve been a good idea! It does give me another idea though… how about an old, bald truck tire with a TB attached inside? You could fling one out and the average Geomuggles would just think it was ordinary litter. It would drive (pun intended) a Geocacher crazy as they circled the old tire while looking at their GPS screen until they figured out that the tire they’ve repeatedly thrown aside while looking for the cache, IS the cache!

One cache around where we live involves a stage where a micro is hidden inside a tire swing at a public park. I suppose if you were reasonably sure that a tire wasn't likely to be picked up and moved by some well-meaning cacher with CITO instincts, you could do something similar with a regular tire down in a gulch somewhere.