ExploreWV Geocoin Challenge

WVangler

FYI,

The challenge kicked off last weekend at the state capitol. This is an amazing program in that unlike how most state's sanction/endorse geocaching in State Parks, this time the state is pushing geocaching across a variety of sites (i.e., tourism hotspots, historic markers, museums) and there will be many more seasonal programs coming from this state geocaching program. It is ran by the WV Department of Education and the Arts, the WV Division of Tourism and the WV Division of Culture and History.

http://www.geocachewv.com

At the kickoff events there were attendees from West Virginia, Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey. I estimated that there were almost 200 people at the Charleston event alone. The Morgantown area kickoff event is this Saturday for those of you in the Penn./MD area.

Here is a WV Public Radio Story on the Geotrail...

WV Public Radio - Cashing in on Geocaching

Just finished the ExploreWV Geocoin challenge. Everything from the kickoff event right up to the last of the 30 caches was great . My wife and I enjoyed a week of touring WV from end to end. The kickoff started at 1 year old State Museum and took us to caches in 3 categories tourism, historical markers, and museums. All the caches were well placed and at interesting and educational spots. We really did Explore VW. The icing on the cake I wound up with an exceptional coin and chair. ExploreWV did a marvelous job and I would recommend this challenge to everyone.