Help my Iphone 3G geocache app v4.1 doesn't work

Michelleberndt

Hi, I am so totally frustrated that I have found this forum hoping for some answer? Being a newbie to geocaching got the app on my 3G iphone and had a ball. Found these fun treasures everywhere - found a bug and was estatic. Have recently updated the app to ver4.1 and now my device can't be located???I open the application and that darned little circle keeps going around and around and never locates the device! As a result it thinks I am in the west coast of the usa somewhere - making the app useless. I need to give the bug a new home and my app is driving me nuts. I am in Canberra and I know there are heaps of places to put him - but my device doesn't put me in relation to the caches I can search for - (i think it was the green dot). I want the green dot back! :rolleyes: Has anyone got any ideas??? I am desparate? Michelle

Sorry everyone - I found the answer !! On another very generous area of this forum I found a cool moderator who went through a lot of ver4 issues - my problem was so simple that it was right up the top and probably dealt with ages ago. Anyway all I had to do was to go into general settings/location services/ and switch on Geocache - which must as a default be switched off when you update the application. Thanks ground speak - can't wait to get into version 4.1. Michelle