earthmade pn-40

The PN-40 is a great GPSr. One of it's weaknesses though is, it eats through batteries quite fast(!) If by "deep woods caching" you mean extended hikes into uncharted terrain, be sure to carry a couple sets of extra batteries, to be safe!

thanks for the tip...and that is exactly what i'm talking about...i will keep this in mind for when i make my final choice

My PN-40 is great in woods. Yea watch the batteries.

well i've got an ample supply of lithium batts....and i can easily get a good charger if need be....so i'm not too worried about battery life...but i don't want it to be so rediculous that i'm changing them every hour....taking one extra set for the day should be just fine...which i do already anyways....

thanks for all the tips too guys...i'm glad to hear good things about the pn-40 just because i think it's a sleek looking gps

My PN-40 is great in woods. Yea watch the batteries.

well i've got an ample supply of lithium batts....and i can easily get a good charger if need be....so i'm not too worried about battery life...but i don't want it to be so rediculous that i'm changing them every hour....taking one extra set for the day should be just fine...which i do already anyways....

thanks for all the tips too guys...i'm glad to hear good things about the pn-40 just because i think it's a sleek looking gps

Lithium 8x will net you 10-12 hours depending upon your usage. It works great in deep woods. I've had no problems with mine this past near couple of years.