Help with .GPX files please?

SpamSister2

How do I download all marked caches to my GPS in .GPX file? I have a 30 day Premium Membership when I bought my new GPS, but I can't figure out how to download all the caches I marked into my Magellan eXplorist CG in .GPX format. When I click 'Check All' and then click 'Download Waypoints' a box pops up asking me if I want to open or save the .loc file. I'm confused! Someone please help me? BTW, this is my first GPS and I am new to Geocaching.

Thanks for your help,

SpamSister2 :)

How do I download all marked caches to my GPS in .GPX file? I have a 30 day Premium Membership when I bought my new GPS, but I can't figure out how to download all the caches I marked into my Magellan eXplorist CG in .GPX format. When I click 'Check All' and then click 'Download Waypoints' a box pops up asking me if I want to open or save the .loc file. I'm confused! Someone please help me? BTW, this is my first GPS and I am new to Geocaching.

Thanks for your help,

Ticking them on the list will give you a loc file, not what you want.

I get the list then scroll through it (or display the map and click on each cache icon) and add each cache to a bookmark list. You have to set up a blank book mark list first - go to "Manage Bookmarks" link, it's very quick and easy.

When my bookmark list is complete I click the link on the bookmark page to generate a Pocket Query from the bookmark.

Then check today's date on the PQ, and a GPX file of all the selected caches is delivered by email within a few minutes. Unless it is more than 500 caches, in which case it is available for download from the Pocket Queries download page.

Hope that helps, others may be able to explain it better

Thanks for your help,

I would suggest writing a Pocket Query and using GSAK or EasyGPS to load the information onto your GPS'r. You will find that downloading the query data and importing the .gpx files into either GSAK or EasyGPS is really easy. Then from either program you will export the information to your GPS'r.

GSAK writes a file for download that is specific to your eXplorist.

Be safe and have fun.