Not sure.....

Guest moghedian

Guest moghedian

We had placed a hitch-hiker a while ago before travel bugs and someone (Geoff) recently picked up the hitch-hiker and asked if there was supposed to be a bug attached. I told him the situation and offered to send him one of our travel bugs to attach to the hitch-hiker. He readily agreed. I've activated the bug and set up the bugs page. My question is, when Geoff receives the bug, can he log it as found even though I haven't placed it in a cache and it is still considered in my hands? Or do I have to log it as placed in a cache, then he can log it as found, and continue from there? I hope I'm making sense here... Just want a smooth transfer so the Search For Slayer can begin.....

That should work fine. Aquadyne sent an army man to me from California and that is how we worked it. He activated it but did not "grab it" this way the mileage began once I placed the TB in a cache here in NY. Unfortuantely the army man has since gone AWOL but logging went just fine like that.

Guest Markwell

Actually, that's exactly what I did with my Challenge of the Superfriends Aquaman, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. All four were sent as bugs in the mail. I activated them and they were said to be in "my hands." The helpers (thanks again to the four of you) then logged it as "retrieved this bug" and their logs on the bug page show so-and-so "grabbed" it instead of "retrieved" it.

If you have a complete history of the hitchhiker, (dates, cachers, caches) Jeremy might be able to reproduce the history on the bug's page (if he has the time and isn't spending it all on the new maps icon_wink.gif)

------------------

Markwell

My GPS Activity Page

Non omnes vagi perditi sunt

[This message has been edited by Markwell (edited 08 February 2002).]

Guest Markwell

Actually, that's exactly what I did with my Challenge of the Superfriends Aquaman, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. All four were sent as bugs in the mail. I activated them and they were said to be in "my hands." The helpers (thanks again to the four of you) then logged it as "retrieved this bug" and their logs on the bug page show so-and-so "grabbed" it instead of "retrieved" it.

If you have a complete history of the hitchhiker, (dates, cachers, caches) Jeremy might be able to reproduce the history on the bug's page (if he has the time and isn't spending it all on the new maps icon_wink.gif)

------------------

Markwell

My GPS Activity Page

Non omnes vagi perditi sunt

[This message has been edited by Markwell (edited 08 February 2002).]

Guest cottingham

tory of the hitchhiker, (dates, cachers, caches) Jeremy might be able to reproduce the history on the bug's page (if he has the time and isn't spending it all on the new maps icon_wink.gif)

I wondered about that. I had the opposite thing happen -- I picked up Dobby outside DC, attached a Travel Bug to him, and dropped him off in California. Unfortunately, right now he doesn't get credit for the coast-to-coast move and shows only 42 miles. :-( Between me and the original hitchhiker owner, we can recreate his entire history, so maybe I'll drop Jeremy a line.

[This message has been edited by cottingham (edited 08 February 2002).]

Guest cottingham

tory of the hitchhiker, (dates, cachers, caches) Jeremy might be able to reproduce the history on the bug's page (if he has the time and isn't spending it all on the new maps icon_wink.gif)

I wondered about that. I had the opposite thing happen -- I picked up Dobby outside DC, attached a Travel Bug to him, and dropped him off in California. Unfortunately, right now he doesn't get credit for the coast-to-coast move and shows only 42 miles. :-( Between me and the original hitchhiker owner, we can recreate his entire history, so maybe I'll drop Jeremy a line.

Guest moghedian

Thanks for the input. I've tried to track his movements in the logs but there is a few blank spots. He has been to a few caches but hasn't travelled too far. Hopefully once he is bugged he'll travel worldwide on his search for Slayer!! Thanks!