PN-40 Hints at top of comment page

radak9

I just updated my PN-40 from 2.6 to 2.7 (waiting for CR2 for 2.8 ) and now my hints appear at the top of the cache comments. They appear right after the cache main info and just before the description fields. After the update I had to readjust my info fields on the compass, and device info pages, so I'm sure there is a way to move this back to the bottom of the cache page (I don't want the hint right up top) BUT for the life of me I can't find where to set it. I use T8 to move the PQ's onto the device and then load them onto the SD card.

Thanks

I'm not certain of this, but I suspect that you might need to go back to 2.6 to get T8 to keep the hints at the end of the comment. CR lets you arrange the order, of course, and I know some people use GSAK to arrange the order.

If nothing else, maybe this will bump your question back up to get someone else's attention who may have a more informed answer.

I'm not certain of this, but I suspect that you might need to go back to 2.6 to get T8 to keep the hints at the end of the comment. CR lets you arrange the order, of course, and I know some people use GSAK to arrange the order.

If nothing else, maybe this will bump your question back up to get someone else's attention who may have a more informed answer.

Thank you for the reply. I believe you are correct in the fw changing it along with Topo8.

I AM NOT going back to 2.6. Once you go to file system, you don't go back :( Not a deal breaker, but I may end up going to GSAK to see. I haven't used GSAK yet, so I'mnot familiar with what it would do for me with 2.7/2.8 that Topo8 can't do.

Edited by radak9

GSAK may be a good bridge for you until the DeLorme solutions are in place. It's nagware...free to use, but after some time you get reminders (in the form of progressively longer start-up delays) to buy if you use it. So it won't cost you anything in the short run--and you just might find that its features are worth the reasonable license fee.