Help with TB picked up and dropped on Vacation

Trogdor!

Arghh!! While on vacation we picked up a TB and helped it along it's path by moving it from one cache to another several hundred miles away. The problem we have now is that our notes with the ID # can't be found since we got home. The TB was dropped off in a cache more than 1200 miles from our home!

When in trouble, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Send "SIDEWINDER" an email, he is the cache owner, and ask him to make a visit to the "Old Works Cache" http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=f8d41877-2daa-4872-ba4b-2e51eda80c91

to pull the bug out and email you back the number on the bug. If you do not get a reply or if he can't, try posting a note on the cache page for the next cacher to send the info to you.

See what happens.

Lend me your ear while I call you a fool.

http://coloradogeocaching.com/

I have a related question. If someone is going on a long trip (3 weeks to a month) and taking some bugs with them, but they cannot get to a computer, is there a way for them to have another user log its movements for them?

I tried to figure out if it could be done. So far, it looks like the only way to do it without having the homebound person "grab" the bug even though they don't have it (and thus add to their bug total)is for the traveler to give the homebound person their password to their account.

Is there another way that I am missing?

Janine

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Geocaching-HamptonRoadsVA/join

"You have brains in your head; You have feet in your shoes.

You can steer yourself any direction you choose.

You're on your own. And you know what you know.

And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...."

Dr. Seuss

If you're anywhere near medium-sized or large cities, there are inexpensive Internet cafes. London now has dozens, including a large chain known as easyeverything.com. You have a variety of payment options and unless you plan to stay on a long time, the cost is cheap. I think it's worth it to keep the TB owner informed and things up to date.

Otherwise, I guess you'd have to have a laptop or PDA with Internet connection.

Added edit: Technically the title is easyInternetcafe, but the hookup is through easyeverything.com. They're in many European cities now and some in America. However, there are lots of other providers and doesn't even Kinko's (probably expensive) provide it? And there's always the public library, if the hours fit your schedule and you don't mind waiting in line. icon_smile.gif

Many hotels now have computers can use. On our move up north our Ryder truck broke down in NYC and we got put up in a hotel in CT. It was a Super 8 I believe and it even had one of those computers. Places like Kinkos (copycenters) have them to rent out too. If camping, many campgrounds and RV Parks have computers available as well now.

I duped too on the Kinkos part, yep they do rent them out there too.

Brian

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump